Users posting on Descr.be are bound with these rules by our Terms of Service.
Bear in Mind
These are just guidelines — interpretations are solely up to us. These rules are not exhaustive and are subject to change. We may update these rules basing on how Service and community develope.
We may delete content in our sole discretion and block accounts in our sole discretion, even though reason is not (yet) among rules.
We may randomly or by claim from other users check complience with rules.
Descr.be strongly believes in freedom of speech. We hope to have a vast audience spread across many cultures, countries and backgrounds with varying values and our service is designed to let users freely express any ideas and opinions without us censoring or endorsing them. That being said, there are a few categories of content and behavior that we don’t permit because we consider them harmful to the community.
- To be transparent about what is and isn’t allowed on our site, we’ve put together this set of guidelines. The following activity/material isn’t allowed on Descr.be:
- Illegal content and conduct. Self-explanatory.
- Intellectual property infringement. Descr.be is intended to be a publishing platform where you describe pictures mainly for education purposes, so those pictures should be yours or fall under fair use context. We strongly support this and urge copyright holders to take this into consideration before submitting complaints. But if you are going to use pictures that you did not make, the golden rule is to always ask the rights holder for permission before publishing their content.
- Pornography. We know that there may be different definitions of this, but generally, we define pornography as visual depictions of sexually explicit acts.
- Nudity or NSFW (Not Safe For Work). No NSFW content yet. Later we will add possibility to mark and hide such content and change this rule. Curently we'll remove any NSFW content in our sole discretion.
- Gambling. Operating an online gambling service (including poker) is not allowed.
- Technologically harmful content. Please don’t upload or link to malware, spyware, adware, or other malicious or destructive code.
- Impersonation. Don’t claim to be a person or organization you’re not.
- Calls to violence. Do not publish realistic calls to violence. By that we mean that you cannot post content which threatens, incites, or promotes violence, physical harm, or death. This includes threats targeting individuals or groups, as well as other indiscriminate acts of violence.
- Being rude.
- Posting private information. Don’t share someone’s personal information without their consent. This includes objects and people on your pictures — blur faces, license plates on cars, numbers on documents and other sensitive information before posting.
- Hotlinking to Descr.be. Your Descr.be account shouldn’t host files that will only be used on other sites.
- Spam or machine-generated content. You know what this is, but in general, sites such as those primarily dedicated to drive traffic to third party sites, boost SEO, phish, spoof, or promote affiliate marketing aren’t cool. We don’t want you to pollute the web outside of Descr.be either.
- Clickbaiting. We try to make useful tool for both visitors and posters. For this purpose we allow posting links — isn't it cool? So please lets lean to fair play — do not post to only make a lead to some other site — explain things here as thoroughly as possible.
If you believe a Descr.be poster has violated our Terms of Service or any of these policies, please contact us. We aim to promptly review and investigate all complaints that we receive, but if and how we respond will depend on a variety of factors, such as the information available to us and the type of violation. We may also contact the poster to inform him/her of the complaint.
Change log and effective dates
- August 22, 2019: Initial Rules Release